10 Signs of A Good Builder
August 7, 2015
- They’re busy. A good builder should have a packed calendar, especially if he has a good reputation. If a builder doesn’t have work, ask yourself why.
- A long list of satisfied customers – and you’re welcome to talk to all of them. A good builder should be more than willing to have you check up on him, so to speak.
- Good time management skills. If a builder shows up late to your meetings, that’s not a good sign. A true professional should have control of his schedule – otherwise how is he managing yours?
- Good communication skills. Your calls get returned in a timely and courteous fashion. If there are problems, no one is dodging your calls. If decisions need to be made, no one is pushing you off. Which leads to…
- Straight answers. Good builders don’t hedge. Whether it’s about the budget or the schedule or materials, a good builder gives it to you straight. Detailed estimates, building plans & spec sheets, actual timelines, and no BS.
- They stand behind their work. A good builder doesn’t hesitate to cover his work – even if that means repairs or replacements.
- Quality materials and products. Quality craftsmanship. Quality employees. Look at the cabinetry, trim work and carpeting. A good builder will choose quality over convenience every time.
- A good builder will adapt when things come up. He’ll have a solution if the cabinets are wonky, a contingency for dealing with the tiles that never arrived. A good builder doesn’t get unpleasant or flustered.
- What kind of relationships does he have with his team members? Does he talk to them/treat them with respect? A good builder will have long-standing, trusting relationships with his subs and vendors, and clients who respect him in return.
- Good vibes. This may seem insignificant, but think about it. Do you like talking to him? Is he a nice guy? Do you mind having him in your house? You’ll be spending a lot of time together. If you don’t get a good vibe in the first 5 minutes, how are you going to feel after 5 months?
Sandcastle Homes has been building luxury homes at affordable prices in Houston’s Inner Loop neighborhoods since 1995. Visit sandcastlehouston.com today.Tags: 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, Award Winning Home, builder, customers, quality, sandcastle, signs, value
Categorised in: Sandcastle News
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes