7 Cleaning Tips to Prepare for Holiday Guests
December 20, 2019
The holidays are a joyful time of year. It’s a wonderful time to enjoy delicious desserts, great food, and time off from work or school. It’s a time to spend time with your homes in Houston TX neighbors and the ones you love while creating lasting memories with them. It’s also a time to get your home clean if you will be playing host this year. Use these seven cleaning tips to prepare for your holiday guests.
- Remove clutter – You should get rid of clutter as soon as possible. Put things in their rightful place and throw out items you no longer need or want. This will help you avoid misplacing items you really need or keeping items you should throw away.
- High-traffic areas – The kitchen and bathrooms will be a busy place this time of year. Clean the countertops, sweep the floors, wipe down the faucets and surrounding areas to help keep this area looking good.
- Clean the walls – You may not think to clean your walls. But these get dirty too! Wipe down the walls an remember to clean around the baseboards, light switches, and door handles to get rid of dirt, smudges, and fingerprints.
- Clean and fresh linens – Overnight guests will need someplace to lay their head at night. Put a fresh set of sheets on the bed, blowup mattress, or sleep sofa, and have extras standing by in the hall closet or a dresser drawer just in case you need to swap them out.
- Keep it smelling fresh – More people in your home means extra smells too! Use air fresheners, candles, or potpourri to help aromatize your home and keep it smelling fresh.
- Daily shower cleaning – Once your guests arrive, there will be more people taking baths and showers. Wipe down the shower after everyone has washed up to help keep it cleaned daily.
- Remove the shoes – It’s no secret that shoes can harbor lots of dirt, grime, and germs. Employ a no shoes policy to help keep your home cleaner and avoid tracking things inside.
We hope these tips will help you prepare your home for holiday guests. Which tips do you plan on using? Sandcastle Homes wishes our homes in Houston TX homebuyer’s a happy and joyous holiday season!Tags: homebuilder houston tx, homes for sale Houston Tx, houston heights new homes
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes