7 Tips for Keeping your Energy Bills Down this Summer
June 15, 2018
Summer is almost here. As we look forward to the upcoming months enjoying outdoor activities and warmer weather, we probably aren’t looking forward to the energy bills that are to come. Use these tips to conserve energy during the summer.
1. Don’t use the clothes dryer – Especially during the hottest part of the day. Hang them up to dry outside or in the laundry room. You’ll not only save energy but also keep from heating your home in the process.
2. Implement different modes of cooking – Using the oven will contribute to heating up your home. Instead fire up the grill, cook on the stove top, use the microwave, or eat something that doesn’t need to be heated up like a salad or sandwich to help keep your home cool.
3. Keep the blinds and curtains closed – Don’t invite the sun in. Shut the blinds and close your curtains during the day to keep the sun and the heat out too.
4. Use a ceiling fan – Utilize the ceiling fan to keep from running the thermostat too low. These can make the room feel cooler than what it actually is. Make sure the fan runs counter clockwise so the air blows straight down.
5. Replace light bulbs – Get rid of any incandescent light bulbs and replace them with compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) or light emitting diodes (LED). These different lighting methods will be cooler than the traditional incandescent light bulbs.
6. Stay in or out – Don’t run in and out your house unnecessarily. The heat and humidity will follow and aid in warming your home.
7. Wear light clothing – Consider wearing thin and loose clothing. This will help keep you cool and hopefully help you avoid messing with the thermostat.Tags: energy efficient homes, Houston Real Estate, Houston Texas, lower energy bills, Sandcastle Homes, summer energy bills, summer heat
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes