Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
December 5, 2017
The holiday season is officially upon us. This time of the year is also a special time for thieves, where need meets opportunity. As you get ready to hit the streets to do your holiday shopping it’s important to be aware of your surroundings. Sandcastle Homes, your trusted Inner Loop Houston homebuilder, recommends these personal safety tips below to help keep you and your family safe and secure while you are out shopping this holiday season.
- Dress casually and comfortably when shopping. Wear comfortable and properly fitted shoes that will provide you with good support and avoid wearing expensive and or flashy jewelry.
- Have a fully charged cell phone before heading out. Bring a portable charger with you so you can recharge your phone if necessary.
- Inform a trusted friend or family member on where you plan to shop and what time you are expected to return.
- Park in a well-lit area and as close to the door as possible. Avoid parking near white vans, utility vehicles, or suspicious cars. Lock your car and make sure your windows are rolled up before heading into the store. Remember to bring both your car keys and house keys with you. Don’t forget where you parked so you’re not looking for your car while carrying bags.
- If you are shopping with children, do not allow them to venture off. Keep them close to you always. Show them security guards so that if they happen to get lost they can go to them for help.
- Use restrooms in high traffic areas instead of bathrooms tucked away and away from people.
- Keep any cash and your wallet in your front pocket or inside your coat instead of your back pocket. Place your pocketbook across your body and in front of you. And don’t leave your purse unattended in shopping carts.
- Make your most expensive and or valuable purchases last.
- Get your keys out and in your hand before you leave the store. Have your thumb on the alert button if your key has this feature.
- Check your surroundings, including the people around you, while leaving and approaching your vehicle. Check your back seat before getting back into your car. Leave flyers and other papers on your windshield or windows until you are home safe.
- Do not leave packages visible for anyone to see and or steal. Place your shopping bags in the trunk and try to head home after placing them there instead of continuing to shop.
- Immediately lock your door and drive away once you are back in your vehicle.
Sandcastle Homes, your premier Inner Loop Houston homebuilder, wishes you and yours a safe and happy holiday season!Tags: homebuilder houston tx, homes for sale Houston Tx, Inner Loop Houston homebuilder
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes