Home Maintenance Tips for the Summertime!
June 3, 2010
School is coming to an end and the summertime is here! Amongst your summer vacations and bar-b-ques by the pool, make sure your home is properly maintained to withstand the summer climate conditions with the following tips:
- Replace air filters.
- Check moisture at the foundation. If the dirt is pulling away, water the foundation. Do not let the yard around your foundation go more than 20 days without moisture. If it doesn’t rain, lightly and evenly water the yard around your foundation. Don’t forget to water the threshold between your driveway and garage too!
- Wash driveway, patio and walkways as necessary.
- To keep the airflow balanced, adjust the air register grills or switch the ceiling fan rotation as necessary. Unbalanced airflow is often most noticeable at the beginning of summer.
- Eliminate wasted energy by unplugging chargers, electronic devices, and turning off lights and appliances when not in use.
- Clean and repair gutters.
- Prepare for the 2010 hurricane season by following the instructions found on the National Red Cross website: http://www.redcross.org/.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes