Important energy-efficient features
July 27, 2022
At Sandcastle Homes, we know how important energy-efficient features are. They not only save you money while being kind to the environment, they ensure that the memories you make in your home are enjoyable in every way. From insulated doors to efficient ductwork and everything in between, the features you’ll find in your new Sandcastle home will make your life easier and more comfortable every day. Along with the environmental benefits of owning an energy-efficient home, homeowners can feel good about doing their part to reduce their carbon footprint while also saving money on their energy bills. That includes their heating, cooling, electric, and water bills. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the average U.S. family can lower their home utility bills by up to 25% by conserving more energy. So, what are some of the key benefits of owning a home that is energy efficient?
- Reduced Carbon Footprint- An energy-efficient home is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. Improving the energy efficiency of your home will allow you to rely less on carbon intensive power plants, thus reducing the plant’s demand and benefiting the environment overall by reducing carbon dioxide emissions.
- Lower Cost to Operate- As a homeowner, energy costs can make up a significant portion of your recurring monthly expenses. With energy efficient appliances and home upgrades, the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that you can save anywhere from five to 30 percent on your utility bills. Energy efficient appliances consume less energy throughout their service lives without sacrificing quality, and are an excellent way to save on your energy expenditures.
- More Comfortable- Your home is your castle, so it’s only natural that you’ll want to make it as comfortable as possible. Homes with lower energy efficiency ratings are notoriously difficult to keep comfortable, particularly when it comes to indoor temperatures. If your home isn’t energy efficient, for example, you may notice a big difference in the temperature from one room to another or cold spots on walls. In some cases, the temperature can vary considerably from one side of a room to the other! By improving energy efficiency via insulation or weatherstripping, you can eradicate draughts and air leakage to make your home more comfortable. From keeping the heat in during the winter to allowing fresh air in throughout the summer, making your home more energy efficient will maximize your comfort.
- Improve Air Quality- When your home reaches optimal energy efficiency levels, you’ll be using your heating and air-cooling systems less frequently. This can help to enhance the air quality in your home, as well as reducing the number of pollutants that impact the environment. While this can be beneficial for everyone, it can have a particularly positive effect if you have certain conditions, such as allergies or asthma. By improving the air quality within your home, you can enjoy a healthier living space and protect the environment at the same time.
- Higher Value- Your energy-efficient home is built for ultimate performance, and this will be reflected if you decide it’s time to move on. Lower utility bills, quality building materials and systems, higher levels of comfort… all of these are huge selling points that’ll get you to your asking point (or beyond!).
Whether your motivations for energy conservation are economic, environmental, or personal, the benefits of energy efficiency will have something to offer for everyone. Contact Lorannette Lewis at 281-543-6360 or LLewis@SandcastleHouston.com to schedule an appointment or for more information about our energy-efficient homes!
Article Author: Rebecca KisterTags: downtown houston new homes, homebuilder houston tx, new homes for sale houston tx
Categorised in: Design Center, Houston Heights, Market news, New Home Tips, New Homes, Things To Do
This post was written by Rebecca Kister