Tips To Prepare For Hurricane Season
June 15, 2016
Tags: family, help, homes, Houston, hurricane, news, prepare, protection, safety, sandcastle, season
As we enter hurricane season, preparation is the best protection. Two keys to being safe during this season are to prepare for the risks and then to act on those preparations you have made. With the recent flooding in Houston, its best we are all prepared for this hurricane season. Here are some helpful tips to make sure you and your family are prepared:
- Never risk driving or even walking through high water. Remember that 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away!
- If you are driving and your vehicle stalls, get out of the car and get to higher ground immediately.
- Protect your windows with plywood boards, or storm shutters
- Put together supplies including non-perishable foods, bottled water (at least a gallon per person a day), batteries, flashlights, first aid kit, cash and a battery powered radio.
- Turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest setting and open only when needed.
- Make sure all cars have a full tank of gas
- Charge all cell phones prior to storm
- It is good to have a charged camera around to take pictures after the storm of any damage if needed.
Remember the key to making sure you and your family are safe during a hurricane is to be fully prepared. Having a designated plan before the storm hits is the best way to make sure you’re protected.
Categorised in: tips, Uncategorized
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes