Top Kitchen and Bathroom Trends of 2017
March 13, 2017
1. White and Gray Cabinets – Painting your kitchen or bathroom cabinets gray and white continues to be very popular in 2017. Coming into the New Year, we will see warmer tones of gray and beige in kitchen colors. Bold two-toned cabinets using a mix of all colors is increasingly becoming a trend of this year and painting your kitchen island a completely different color than the rest of your cabinets is also becoming more popular. Also, combining shades of blue with whites/grays for your bathroom cabinets is another trend for the bathrooms.
2. Quartz Countertops – Quartz countertops in your kitchen is becoming more prevalent in homes this year. One of the main reasons it is so popular in homes, is it’s uniformity unlike granite which has a lot of variations and patterns. Installing quartz has many benefits including its durability, will not stain or scratch and looks great in your home. It’s a great option for those who are busy cookers or have families. These countertops also have started to come out in grey and beige color tones as well.
3. Kitchen Technology – Smart devices in your kitchen will be trending upward this year as more companies are inventing devices that work with your kitchen appliances. For example, the Jen-Air connected wall oven is easy to use, touch screen oven that allows you to control from your smart phone and works with Nest. Another example are hands free faucets and sensor activated lights. WIFI connected appliances and docking stations for phones will also be “in” for this year. In the bathroom, an example of a smart device is the Moxie Showerhead with Bluetooth which allows you to listen to music and the news by speaking to it.
4. Mixed Metals – Adding metal accents in your kitchen is highly popular right now. This includes barstools, hardware on cabinets, steel pendant lighting, and sink faucets. This trend gives your home that modern feel. Installing dark finishes in your kitchen, like black faucets and cabinet hardware, especially with white cabinets, will add a contrast in your kitchen. In the bathroom, some ideas to use this trend would be add dark shower heads, metal light fixtures or steel mirror frames.
5. Farmhouse Sinks – These type of sinks have been in style for years and continue to be a trend throughout this year by adding a focal point to your kitchen. Ideal for busy cookers, these sinks are large enough to hold pots and pans for an easy cleanup in the kitchen and give any bathroom that classic but modern look. They even come in multiple colors, not just the typical white and pair well with any countertop!
6. Bold Colors – One bathroom trending that is increasing rising is having a focal point in the room that is bold and stands out. It could be painting your cabinets a darker color in a very light color bathroom or have your shower walls covered with eye popping tile. In doing this, you are able to bring your own personality into the room.
7. Flooring – In 2017, we will start to see a couple flooring options become popular in the kitchen. Hardwood flooring is slowly becoming prevalent in homes and gives your kitchen a warmth look with durable floors. Another option is porcelain tile for those looking for a more affordable tile that is still durable. This tile comes in just about any color, texture, finish, or pattern you might want. In the bathrooms, wood-like tile is increasingly becoming popular this year. It gives you the look of hardwood floors but the waterproof flooring you need. Also, marble-like tile is a great choice for your bathroom as it gives your bathroom a feel of elegance for an affordable price.
Click here for examples of kitchens and bathrooms.Tags: bathroom trends, cabinets, farmhouse sinks, kitchen trends, quartz, Sandcastle Homes
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes