5 Home Decor Trends to Watch for in 2016
January 13, 2016
Tags: 2016, backsplash, building, design, dining rooms, drawers, favorite, home, homes, Houston, Houzz, kitchens, new homes, sandcastle, Texas, trends
With 2015 behind us, it’s now time to look forward to new trends to incorporate in our homes. When adding a trendy feature in your home, make sure it is something that is practical and will enhance your home in the long run. Our favorite trends for 2016 are all timeless features that will last beyond 2016.
Houzz highlighted “25 Design Trends Coming to Homes Near You in 2016”. Check out our favorite five trends from their list:
1. Deep kitchen drawers— The more storage, the better! Having deep drawers in your kitchen is a feature that is useful and can increase the re-sale of your home.
2. Formal dining rooms— We love having formal dining rooms in our homes to use as a place to gather with friends and family. All of our floor plans incorporate a formal dining room.
3. Kitchens that embrace openness and raw materials—Having an open kitchen automatically makes your home feel bigger and more spacious. Add wood stools to your island/breakfast bar to incorporate raw materials.
4. Surprising backsplash and countertop pairings— Mixing materials by using a stone backsplash with granite countertops can add character and charm to your kitchen.
5. Punched-up white kitchens—White kitchens have been on trend since 2015, and it doesn’t look like they are going out of style. Having a white kitchen makes the area modern and fresh. Select a light or dark countertop, paired with white shaker style cabinets, and subway title backsplash for the perfect look.
Categorised in: Sandcastle News, Uncategorized
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes