City of Houston Mandatory Water Restriction- What This Means for You
August 18, 2011
As of Monday, August 15, Houston has been officially under a ‘Stage Two’ water conservation plan.
- Houston resident are required to fix all leaks within 72 hours of detection
- Outdoor watering should be limited NO more than 2 days a week
- If you live at an even numbered street address, you can water your lawn on Sunday and Thursday between 8pm and 10am
- If you live at an odd numbered street address, you can water your lawn on Saturday and Thursday between 8pm and 10am
Residents are encouraged to do the following:
- Install low-flow shower heads
- Refrain from washing cars
- Refrain from filling swimming pools
- Washing only full loads of dishes
- Washing only full loads of laundry
- Turn off water while brushing your teeth
- Keep showers under 5 minutes
After ‘Stage 2’of the water restrictions, there are two more serious levels of water conservations. These have not yet been implemented in the City of Houston.
Citations will be given out to those who do not comply with the enforced water regulations.
Comply with these regulations to do what is best for Houston!Tags: City of Houston, Houston, Houston Texas, Texas, Water, water conservation, water restriction
Categorised in: Houston News
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes