Houston Family Events
July 11, 2018
From “Space City” and “Bayou City” to “The Big Heart” and “H-Town,” Houston has a lot of nicknames. But this summer the letter H in “H-Town” will stand for “hottest” because Houston will have the hottest and coolest family friendly events happening around the city and close to your Houston new homes. Here are several events happening in Houston this summer.
- Harlem Globetrotters – Sunday, July 15th at 3 p.m. at the Berry Center (8877 Barker Cypress Rd., Cypress, TX 77433) – Bring the entire family out to see the Harlem Globetrotters, the exhibition basketball team, show off their athleticism, comedy, theater, and showmanship during their event is this Sunday. Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster.
- Express Theatre’s Hilltop Festival for Children at Miller Outdoor Theatre – Tuesday, July 17th to Friday, July 20th at the Miller Outdoor Theatre (6000 Hermann Park Dr., Houston, TX 77030) – There will be a different play each day including “Freedom Train,” “The New Clown in Town,” “Let’s Make a Play Today!,” and “The Adventures of Santa Claus.” This event is absolutely free to attend and perfect for the little ones.
- Houston Summer Boat Show – Sunday, July 22nd beginning at 8 a.m. If you are a boat enthusiast, then this is the event for you. For $15 admission, you can see the latest and greatest in boating. It’s going down at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo (One NRG Park, Houston, TX 77054)
- Tuesday Night Market at Axelrad – Tuesday, July 24th at 5 p.m. at Axelrad (1517 Alabama St., Houston, TX 77004) – Come out to the evening Night Market where there will be artists, designers, local farmers, drink specials and food trucks. Admission is free.
- Houston Restaurant Week – Wednesday, August 1st – Wednesday, September 3rd – Restaurant Week is back! If you are a foodie or have been waiting all year to dine in Houston’s nicest and chicest restaurants, now is your chance. Ove 250 restaurants are expected to participate in this year’s Houston Restaurant Week event. Prix fixe menus will include brunch, lunch, and dinner. For specific restaurants and additional details please visit the Houston Restaurant Week website.
- Summer Tango at Discovery Green – Thursday, August 16th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. – It takes two to tango! So grab your partner and head to Discovery Green (1500 Mckinney St., Houston, TX 77010) to learn the basics of tango in this beginners class. This event is free to attend.
As you can see there is a lot happening around your Houston new homes community this summer. Take pics and enjoy yourselves in the “H-ottest – Town” this summer.
Tags: houston homebuilder, houston homes for sale, Houston new homes
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes