How to Get Ready for your Design Center Appointment
March 25, 2022
Congratulations on signing your purchase agreement! The next step in the Sandcastle Homes Path to Ownership is meeting with our design center to select your options and finishes for your new home. This process will help turn your house into a home. Here is how you should prepare for your very important design center appointment
- Stick to your budget – You do not want to be house poor, so it is important to keep your budget in mind when making selections for your new home. Our floor plans come with standard features to choose from. You will have the opportunity to also choose from upgradable options that are available. Figure out what room is more important to you. You may want to spend more on upgrading your kitchen rather than another room in the house. Our design team will help to make sure your selections stick within your budget.
- Create a must-have list – There are probably non-negotiables when it comes to your new home. You know what your lifestyle is and what will allow you to comfortably live and function. Create a list with what you must absolutely have in your home and what is not as important.
- Get inspired – From model homes in Houston TX, home design television shows and home décor magazines to books and Pinterest, get color swatches, take photos, collect different pictures, and design ideas to help you visualize what you would like your new home to look like. This will help you be in tune with what you want and help your design center consultant to be able to see what you want.
- Think about your furniture and color scheme – Do you envision a specific color palette for your home? How do you want your floors, dining room and living room set to look like? Bring examples of what you have or plan to have so the designer can see and have an idea of what you are trying to accomplish.
- Ask questions and have fun– This appointment is for you. Ask questions and take notes throughout your appointment so you can reference later and follow up if you need to. Have fun designing so your house can truly become your dream home.
The better prepared you are for your design center appointment the better your appointment will go. We have been building homes for more than 25 years. Our team of experienced and talented homes in Houston TX designers are here to help you every step of the way during the design process. Our Sandcastle team wishes you a very successful design appointment!
Tags: homes for sale Houston Tx, houston homebuilder
Categorised in: Houston Events, Houston Heights, Houston Tips
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes