Summer Events in Houston
July 25, 2019
It is heating up in and around H-Town. Read below to find out what five events that are happening around your homes in Houston TX community this summer.
- A Giant Leap – Houston, there are no problems! Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon at Discovery Green (1500 McKinney Street). This event is absolutely free and open to the public, and will feature an artist and collectible market, commentary from author Douglas Brinkley who wrote “American Moonshot,” exhibitions from the Johnson Space Center and Lone Star Flight Museum, a paratrooper landing, and a screening of Apollo 11.
- Float & Flick Summer movie series – Returning this summer, you can watch movies in the water at Hotel Derek (2525 W Loop S). This summer series will feature classic films “Apollo 13” on July 26th, “The Goonies” on August 29th, and “Mean Girls” on September 26th. Come out to float starting at 7:30 p.m. and the movie will begin at sundown. This event is $25 and includes admission, free gourmet popcorn, one complimentary Revolve Kitchen + Bar signature drink, complimentary self-parking, and access to the SPLASH pool. RSVP by emailing HDH-Sales@destinationhotels.com.
- H-Town Sneaker Summit – Are you a sneakerhead? If yes, then you definitely do not want to miss the H-Town Sneaker Summit on July 28th at the NRG Center (1 NRG Park). Sponsored by Monster Energy drink, the sneaker summit is the place to buy, sell, and trade your sneakers. Tickets are $35 for general admission, and $65 for VIP access. Doors open at 3 p.m., or 2:30 p.m. for VIP ticket holders and goes until 8 p.m. For more details click here.
- Houston Restaurant Week – The annual Houston Restaurant Week will return August 1st and go until September 3rd. There are brunch, lunch, and dinner options from restaurants serving prix-fixe menus ranging from $20 to $45. Check out the website
- Taste of the Caribbean Festival – Do you love Caribbean food? Or do you simply want to experience the food, music, history, and rich cultural traditions of the Caribbean? The Taste of the Caribbean Festival is back for its second year. Come out to Crown Festival Park (18355 Southwest Freeway) in Sugar Land.
How and where do you plan on spending your summer? If you plan on spending your summer looking for a new home, we can help you out. Contact us today at 281-543-6360 to learn about our available inventory of homes in Houston TX.Tags: homebuilder houston tx, homes for sale Houston Tx, houston homes for sale
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes