Tips for Cleaning the Hard-To-Reach Spots in your Home
March 13, 2019
Cleaning those hard-to-reach spots can be a chore within itself. Sometimes they’re ignored or simply overlooked. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Check out these tips to make it easier to reach those unnoticed and hard-to-reach areas in your home.
- Air vents – They can get downright nasty. Vacuum your air vents to remove any easy to remove dirt or dust before using a microfiber cloth to give it a more thorough cleaning.
- Ceiling fans – Your celling fans are a smorgasbord for dust. Especially as it gets warmer outside your new homes in Inner Loop Houston community, the blades should be cleaned to prevent dust from spreading, but also because it could weigh down and effect the fans operating function. Lay a dirty or used towel under the fan area and get a sturdy ladder or step stool to climb up on. Then take a paper towel, t-shirt or microfiber cloth to wipe down the blades to remove dust. For a deeper clean, spray a fresh cloth with an all-purpose cleaning solution and start from the center of the fan to the outer blades.
- Faucets – Bathroom and kitchen faucets can accumulate bacteria, mildew, and residue overtime. Use baking soda or cleaning solution and a toothbrush to scrub in those areas.
- Mattresses – How often do you actually clean your mattress? To clean your mattress, pour a smidgen of baking soda on your mattress to slightly coat it. Let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes and then take your vacuum cleaner’s upholstery attachment to clean the mattress surface. This will help to get rid of any odors and to refresh your mattress. Do this at least twice a year or as needed.
- Lamp shades – Take a sticky lint roller to your lamp shades to remove animal or human hair, dirt, or dust that has gotten caught on the shades.
- Recessed lighting – Turn off the lights and let them completely cool down before removing. Then, use a microfiber cloth or long-handed dusting tool to dust inside the lighting fixtures.
- Tops or appliances and cabinets – These are definitely areas that can be home to a lot of dirt, dust, and other things. Use a duster to clean this area. If you have neglected the tops or your appliances or cabinets too long, use elbow grease along with a cloth dipped in cleaning solution to remove any grease and stains. Then wipe down with a microfiber cloth.
- Washer and dryer space – The space in between these two should definitely be cleaned. It could have articles of clothing, lint, money, and other things that have come up while doing laundry. Sweep that area with a broom and then mop that area with a mop.
- Window blinds – A duster or t-shirt or microfiber cloth wrapped and tied around tongs are great for cleaning the top and bottom of your blinds.
What would you add to the list above? Let us know by commenting on the post. And if you are tired of cleaning your old home, you can select a brand new home from Sandcastle. Thankfully, a new home requires less maintenance and less cleaning. So give us a call today at 281-543-6360 to learn about our available inventory of new homes in Inner Loop Houston.Tags: homebuilder houston tx, homes for sale Houston Tx
This post was written by Sandcastle Homes